Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wed nite/Thursday in Des Moines

The new docs and staff are getting to know Larry as he recuperates and gains strength at Iowa Methodist. He did physical therapy twice today and is walking around a little. He will be ready for a haircut and maybe a shave in a few days, but he really looks good. Although not as dramatic, this is certainly more fun to write about than some of the earlier posts. Hopefully this is a trend!

Larry is also very much enjoying the change in food selections after several weeks in Boston with a only a few choices on the menu. He has enjoyed such delicacies as PB&J and soft shell tacos!

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear about the consistant progress and that you're enjoying the local cuisine.

    I imagine that Boston Baked Beans and Boston Creme Pie were getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Larry!

    I am glad to hear of all the great progress. I've definately been thinking of you alot.

    Someone please let me know when he will be up to visitors.

    Take care,

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry - so glad to hear that you and Peg are both back in Des Moines. Your journey is absolutely amazing. I'm sure your will continue to progress to good health. We think of you often and continue to pray for your complete receovery. We are looking forward to sharing a glass of cabernet with you in the near future.

    Pat and Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry-I was happy to hear that you're back on "familiar ground". I'm sure Peg is pleased to be back too. I'll be coming to DesMoines within the next 3-4 weeks, would love to stop and say Hi. I'll check if you are allowed visitors before I come. Keep up the good progress- Bonnie

    ReplyDelete